FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards"
Old Aug 22, 2011, 3:49 pm
mtkeller

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Well Arching OW I found an JFK ATH Direct Oct 4 and a return start of dec for 100k each .

If I understand correctly I can get both for 100k. is that correct?

A few questions

THE tax on the return is 250 + $ .

Also it's the airbus A 330 300 . I don't think it's a lie flat

Can I call and reserve both flights for some time period ?

There is only one day available Oct at this rate and I am afraid if I hold and release DL will not put back into inventory

Also is this better than an AF or other carrier with lie flat beds.

Are the taxes always so high.

Dont get me wrong, I am ecstatic at this price mile combo

Darn wife can't make up her mind
The taxes/fees on the return are so high because they're showing the fuel surcharge (YQ), as it looks like it's originating in Europe. If you do it all as one booking, it should come up at 100K and much lower taxes/fees since it won't charge the YQ. The DL A333 is angled like-flat. Not as good as the 764 or 777, but far better than the 763s that haven't been converted (i.e., almost all the 763s). If it fits your dates, it sounds like as good of a deal as you're going to get since I don't believe DL is running flat beds to ATH (unless you luck out and get a refit 763 at some point) and AF/KL don't have flat beds. The only way I can think of to get full flat would be AZ out of NYC. Angled lie-flat will still be light years better than coach.