FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA151 BCN-JFK ugh
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2011, 1:03 am
JEFFJAGUAR

Originally Posted by makfan
Let me just say that ANYONE passing through JFK this afternoon/evening did not have a very good day. How about AA 2, which diverted to BWI because it couldn't land safely, then after 45 minutes left the gate and sat for two more hours before finally taking off and landing at JFK about 6 hours late.

Or AA 17, my flight, which boarded 4 hours late and then had to wait for catering for another half hour. We have a projected 3:17 am arrival at SFO. My outbound on Friday had a similar delay...we left SFO after 3 am instead of 11 pm.

For a time this afternoon, everything at JFK came to a halt for safety reasons. Not having the correct customs card or your first choice of soft drink is not going to win a huge amount of sympathy from the 1,000s of delayed passengers tonight.

Your bags could have been late for any of a number of reasons. Perhaps other aircraft that were turning around soon were given priority.

I give AA credit. They kept the Admirals Club open 2 extra hours at SFO on Friday night, and they kept the C club at JFK open late tonight as well. It sure made the delay a little easier to take. The AAngels at JFK spent hours tracking inbound aircraft to help us bettter predict actual departure times.

Oh yeah, Alaska Airlines stocks Coke Zero.
Mak..just to be clear when I wrote the original post, I was unaware just how bad it might have been at JFK this afternoon...we landed at 1600 and while it was raining hard, it didn't seem to be all that bad and I got home and stewed a bit. I just didn't realize how bad it was at JFK but as I said, a whole bunch of things came together and while you're right, my problems, not that I understand what was going on and really didn't...I'[m in Brooklyn and it wasn't all that bad driving from JFK to Brooklyn, I still think there could have been annoucements regarding the baggage you know due to safety considerations, your baggage will be delayed. The soft drink thing is a pet peeve of mine and has always been and yes I know I sometimes get laughed at for this....I really didn't know that AA still flies plans without the individual screens, this is the first time I've run into that on all my international flights with AA. The customs declarations form thing, well there is something wrong with not having customs declaration forms n English; on that I stand my ground that it is wrong and like I said, apparently this happens all the time on that flight.

So please forgive my total ignorance. As the previous post indicated, a whole series of petty things ended in the bad weather at JFK. For this, I will accept my punishment hoping it is nothing greater than 10 lashes with a wet noodle.