FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA151 BCN-JFK ugh
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:49 am
makfan

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Let me just say that ANYONE passing through JFK this afternoon/evening did not have a very good day. How about AA 2, which diverted to BWI because it couldn't land safely, then after 45 minutes left the gate and sat for two more hours before finally taking off and landing at JFK about 6 hours late.

Or AA 17, my flight, which boarded 4 hours late and then had to wait for catering for another half hour. We have a projected 3:17 am arrival at SFO. My outbound on Friday had a similar delay...we left SFO after 3 am instead of 11 pm.

For a time this afternoon, everything at JFK came to a halt for safety reasons. Not having the correct customs card or your first choice of soft drink is not going to win a huge amount of sympathy from the 1,000s of delayed passengers tonight.

Your bags could have been late for any of a number of reasons. Perhaps other aircraft that were turning around soon were given priority.

I give AA credit. They kept the Admirals Club open 2 extra hours at SFO on Friday night, and they kept the C club at JFK open late tonight as well. It sure made the delay a little easier to take. The AAngels at JFK spent hours tracking inbound aircraft to help us bettter predict actual departure times.

Oh yeah, Alaska Airlines stocks Coke Zero.