FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA151 BCN-JFK ugh
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:48 pm
JEFFJAGUAR

You're right but I left out the biggest complaint of all; what really bugged me about the whole thing and caused me to write my complaints (actually we had no way of knowing about the lightning so an annoucement would have been appreciated; but then again if our flight arrived first, why was our luggage last?) But anyway here was the kicker I left out.

I noticed about 2/3 of the way through the flight that no customs declaration forms had been distributed (BTW I have always wondered why customs declaration forms are not given to passengers at cdheck in so they can fill them out while waiting instead of in the cramped little space in the plane. They don't seem to be secure documents, they are strewn all over the desks at arrivals at JFK) but....

So anyway I thought I might have missed the walk through the aisles with the customs declarations form. I ask the flight attendant for a customs declaration form. He gives me one...in Spanish. I ask how about one I can actually read. He says that's all they have on board. You mean on an American airline where I thought the official language of the country was English, they don't have any customs declaration forms in the language of the country i.e. English? The attitude was there are translations in the AA flight magazines or wait till you get to Kennedy like everybody else had to as they never distributed them (you had to ask) which was really the final indignity and set me off not so much allo the other things.

And I defy anybody to tell me I'm wrong on this.