FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA151 BCN-JFK ugh
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:11 pm
JEFFJAGUAR

AA151 BCN-JFK ugh

Well today it was my misfortune to fly AA151 a flight from BCN to JFK...let me tell you it was just an awful awful mess...

1. When I arrived at BCN airport, it was announced the flight was delayed 1.5 hours because of the late arrival of the plane the previous night and the mandatory down time for the crew. Okay...I was going to JFK and did not have to worry about connecting flight so that was no big deal but it got the day off to a terrible start.

2. Was shocked to see AA is flying an intercontinental aircraft without the little screens so I can watch what I want to watch not the one movie they decide to put on a big screen. As my eye sight isn't great, I c ouldn't even see the movie on the screen nearest to me and of course if I didn't like the movie, well I couldn't ut up say the air map which is always my second chooice to keep me aware of the flight status. Can't believe this actually happens in the 21st century. Why haven't the little screen been introduced on this aircraft on its transcontinental routes?

3. Now I know this will make some people laugh at me but it's become almost comical. During the beverage service, I asked for a coke zero. No we don't have coke zero but we'll give you diet coke. Of course they didn't give me diet coke, they gave me coke light. Now coke light is not the same drink, doesn't taste anywhere near diet coke no matter what you might have heard or believe. As a matter of fact, why AA continues to serve diet coke or coke light is beyond me as sales of coke zero, especially in Europe, have shot way ahead of the silver cans. But then the intersting thing, after the meal servide i went to the back and asked for and got a diet coke. But when the snack came in an hour before landing at JFK, I asked for a diet coke and again got a coke light. Disgusting, at least to me (although many here will probably laugh).

4. Okay we land at JFK and get to immigration and no other flights are there. Quickly through passport contorl and then wait and wait and wait at the carousel. No announcements are made. Meanwhile people remember are 1.5 hours late already and many have connecting flights. Apparently there was some thunder and lightning but still an annoucement could have been made. And then to add insult to injury, two other flights come in one fro Santo Domingo and the other from Rome and guess what.....despite the fact our flight had arrived first, their baggage came down the carousel ahead of ours. What kind of nonsense is that.

Altogether a most unpleasant experience.