FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Stays [GS 2011 master thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:20 am
lowfareair

Looking at the list, the following hotel chains offer per stay mileage above the 200 threshold: Best Western, Choice, Carlson, Hyatt, and La Quinta. Hilton offers it on all except Hampton and extended stay hotels. The Intercontinental brand (not the whole chain) offers it as well.

Wyndham offers it on Wyndham and Wingate. I'm not sure if it includes Wyndham Garden. Note that Wingate shows a 2 mile per dollar rate on USair.com, while Hawthorn offers 500 miles per stay. That appears to be a mix up on US Airways behalf, as Wyndham shows the reverse.

I have a feeling that a lot of Rodeway Inns and Best Westerns are going to see mattress runs this year.

Additionally, there may be promos for some other brands that makes this a bit better. For example, IHG is running a 100 mile per night bonus 9/15-12/31, which would bring the total needed per stay to $50 ($100 for extended stay brands), assuming that the bonus miles post with the stay. Does anyone know how various brands post bonus mile promotions to US (i.e. pairs stay mileage with bonus miles, or done in two separate transfers?)