FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Photographs of the refurbished JFK Terraces + First Lounge
Old Aug 21, 2011, 4:01 am
Can I help you
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I am not sure if the lounges at JFK are designated "Galleries" as they only received a refurbishment and not a complete refit.
The premium check in area is undergoing changes at the moment and will become a more relaxed area with more sofas.

Dear Customer,
We’re working to improve the check-in area for Club World and First customers at New York JFK Terminal 7.
The concourse will be modernised as part of a refurbishment programme that includes the already redesigned lounges.
Construction is planned to start 17 June and finish by late August/beginning of September 2011. So if you’re flying out of Terminal 7 during this period you may experience some disruption.
We’re very sorry if you’re affected by this. We’re doing everything we can to minimise the impact on your journey, but from time to time we will need to close off some areas of the concourse while work takes place.
When the refurbishment is complete, the new look concourse will provide a calmer sense of space that’s reminiscent of a hotel lobby, with new lighting that complements the lounge feel and on-board experience. New seating in the check-in area will provide more comfort and space for you to prepare prior to checking in and going through security.
We look forward to welcoming you to our new premium check-in area at New York JFK Terminal 7 very soon.
Warm regards,
British Airways