FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ticket Reissue and Issue. AA please listen
Old Dec 7, 2001, 6:26 pm
drbala

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
Ticket Reissue and Issue. AA please listen

One world explorer is an excellent product and I have enjoyed my last four trips immensely accumulating miles, Q points, receiving excellent service etc. One sore point is the weakness in ticket issue and reissue. The xecellent work done by the angels at AA RTW desk is always cancelled out by the ticketing agents in the AA offices/airports.
I recently went through the painful process of getting three OWE explorer tickets reissued due to route changes. One at London and two at Miami. In London it took three hours despite a very patient and understanding agent. I went to Miami two days ago and found that there were no Platinum service center or First class ticketing office at the airport. I stood in aQ for 30 minutes at 'Future ticketing' which had one agent only. He literally collapsed on seeing my ticket and to give him credit he managed to reissue it in a total time of 28 hours (I had to come next day to collect the ticket) The main hurdle is the Fares who are usually wrong first time and later correct themselves when you are firm Cant the RTW desk take over everything including fares etc for OWE tickets?
AA please listen and help