FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion: Rename NYC forum to "NYC & New Jersey" or "NYC Area"
Old Aug 20, 2011, 6:43 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Agreed fully with both you and nerd.

Also, I am somewhat put off by people who never even visit the NYC forum, let alone contribute anything to it, delivering their opinions. If you're not in the game, why talk about how to play?

It doesn't really matter what any of us think, though. In my experience, I would bet the decision has already been made as it was a few years ago when the Paris forum was renamed the France forum after about 15 minutes of FT "debate."
As TB members we look for all input. Those who know the area best (although at the moment they can't agree on what the boundaries are & what's Mid-Atlantic ) & those who might visit, to see what would help them.

If the 'decision had already been made', a sticky wouldn't have been created in the NY forum asking for input & directing people to this thread to provide it.

I wasn't on TB a few years ago, so can't address Paris/France. But as a reminder, new TB members are elected each year, so what was done a few years ago probably doesn't apply to subsequent years.

Cheers.