FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Service Animal Fiasco
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:03 pm
geeprice

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by doctall41
Was on a WN flight this week. Lady in row 1 had a small dog in a small duffel bag made for carrying small animals. Was allowed to keep the dog in the bag during take off/landing, on the floor in front of her feet (bulkhead).
On the next flight, new crew told her she could not have bag during to/landing, so after bringing in a supervisor, she was made to hold the dog on her lap for take-off, then could put it back in the bag until landing. all because it is against FAA rules to have any kind of bag out during take off?
this bag was just a thin layer of material, nothing hard or sharp about it.

delayed our flight about 15 minutes for that argument!
I had the opposite experience once.
Was travelling with my dad and his 2 Emotional Support Pug's, and the FA told us they had to be on the floor and were not allowed on are laps. After pointing out that they needed to be in the lap in order effectively do there job he went away, though he did come back about 15 minutes later and stated with all seriousness "I have read the manual, and it says you can only have Monkey's in your lap, but I have a call into Atlanta for clarification" he was never seen again.