FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Alaska Airlines NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) (2010-2014)
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:05 pm
hegehog

Originally Posted by lKTyS7UPY
Welcome!
  1. No, the companion discount code only applies to AS/QX metal, and they don't serve inter-island routes (and ITO not at all). Your best option might be to fly open-jaw into HNL and out of KOA and buy a separate HNL-KOA/ITO ticket.
Thanks.

So would this work? I could book a RT ticket in first on AS for MCO-HNL with the SEA stopover and use the companion ticket voucher. Then I'll book a separate reservation on HA for my inter-island flights and pay cash. When I price it out, it comes out to be $10 more expensive for the 2 bookings (booking fees?). But this way I can also book a coach ticket on the HA flights (which would save me $440) for a 20 min flight I think that's worth it.

I'd take the KOA-SEA-MCO home but I run into the same problem, I'd have to stay overnight in Seattle. With the island hopper on HA ITO-HNL, I make it in time for the red eye to SEA and also the connecting flight to MCO.

Thanks for helping me understand how the companion fare works.