FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 9W Trip Questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:27 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by anona678
Hello everyone,

In a 2months I'm flying from LON to POR via BOM on work. I only have Jet Privilege Blue Plus status.
welcome to ft anona678....where is por????

For the LON-BOM leg I have Business class (Premiere) ticket but the BOM-POR leg is Economy as the plane is an ATR which does not have different classes, between the 2 flights I have a layover in BOM for over 12 hours.
is this on a single pnr????also, which 9w flight are you taking????there is one that gets in at 11 at night & another which gets in at 11 in the morning....

1.1. Will I get a pass for the Mumbai lounge access from LHR at check-in, shall I have to inquire at the ticketing office in Mumbai or just show my ticket at the lounge?
please keep in mind that the lounge is closed at night so if you are taking the flight that gets in at 11pm then you will not have lounge access....

1.2. Will I be able to access the Oberoi Clipper or Carnations lounge in Mumbai Domestic even though I have an Economy ticket for the second leg?
you can pay to access the lounge or can access it if you have priority pass....on an economy ticket they will not give you access....

1.3. Do either of these lounges have free internet access?
yes they do....infact, if i remember correctly, there is free wi-fi at the airport....

I also sent 9W an upgrade request to upgrade me from Premier to First Class for the LON-BOM leg but I've been placed on wait list and they said I should contact them closer to departure
keep calling them....

2.1. How does this process work because I thought if you have enough points they should give you the seat right and I checked and confirmed seats are available?
its not just enough for a seat to be available, a reward seat must be available in order for you to get the seat....

2.2. Is there any chance I will be upgraded at all?
if they can't sell all the seats before departure then you should get it....

2.3 How often should I contact them?
pester them as often as you can....