FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Liquid ban should be repealed
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2011, 4:42 pm
exbayern

Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston
Flew out of Shanghai 2 years ago. My wife and I carry our empty water bottles through security and filled them from a water fountain near the gate. Went to board and they were demanding no carry on liquids of any kind so we just emptied ours out into the can causing quite a mess. Others who bought water at the concessions were made to throw them out and were pretty mad!
Originally Posted by spd476
I had a similar thing happen in Cancun a few years ago. They made me throw out my soda from one of the restaurants. I'm assuming it was because the plane was going back to the US. I can't remember if they allowed liquids past the checkpoint.
Originally Posted by mrscherry2000
At least in the States, you can buy a nice liter bottle of water post security. It's hard to stay hydrated on back to back intercontinental flights going through Europe. At least through Amsterdam, because of the gate side checks, I can't even bring any water with me onto the plane. I would love to be able to pick up a liter of water in Amsterdam to bring with me on the plane before my next nine hour flight after traveling + hours overnight. I cannot stay hydrated on those tiny half cup servings of water I get maybe every couple of hours.
I've never had an issue bringing water or liquids on board purchased post-security. But it appears that in each of these cases it was on US-bound flights? Intra-Asia, intra-Europe, Europe to Asia and vv I've never had it be an issue.