FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to special meals (no more special meals on domestic flights after 10/1)
Old Aug 16, 2011, 5:57 am
UAGuy2
Suspended

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
The AVML/HNML on UA is actually decent. Not too long ago they were served up on all mainline flights of 3+ hours. Very disappointed they're pulled from all domestic flights.

The logic of "it isn't for me, so who gives a about you" is absurd. Personally, I'd be fine if they eliminated all alcoholic drinks from F (or charged, say, $30, for them). That would be some real cost savings. Right?
Alcoholic drinks are a basic service nearly universally desired. Exotic meals for people is much more narrowly tailored service that matters to a vocal but small and relatively unimportant minority.

And yes, I support all manner of cutbacks and increases for services I don't care about in favor of keeping the benefits and servicesthat matter to me. That is in fact perfectly rational behavior. I care about the things I care about. You care about the things you care about. They don't have to be the same.