FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA will end transfer of AA miles to HH points
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:04 pm
brasov02

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
You might want to check individual hotels you're interested in and compare rates between AA miles or HH points before you make a panic transfer. I just checked the Cat 6 Hilton Athenee Palace in Bucharest which goes for 125,000 HH points via a 4-night AXON award, one of the best deals available for HH points. But the same 4 nights would only be 57,000 miles (about 14,000 miles/night) booking via AA miles. If my ninth-grade math skills serve me correctly, you would be saving around 20,000 AA miles versus transfering the 75,000 miles needed to get the HH points for that same HH AXON award.
I think this is more an exception to the rule (definitely doesn't come close to working in Paris for the ADT for example) but if you have a particular hotel or hotels in mind it might be worth the time to make a quick comparison before any rash transfers. I'm glad I did.

Last edited by brasov02; Aug 15, 2011 at 1:12 pm