FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DM SkyMall Mileage Offer Not Honored???
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:54 pm
beaubo

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
I requested the Co-President of FreeCause to provide some easily verifiable information.

1. When was the EasyCGI offer initially posted on the USAir and Hawaiian Air mileage malls?

We know for sure it was a minimum of 12 days,, from the time we spotted the deal in early June through the time we made our purchases in mid-June to the time the offer was pulled in late June.

We suspect the offer had been around for well longer than early June, but FreeCause chose to ignore my request. Not deny it, not say it wasn't any of my business, not even simply acknowledge my email, but a flat-out NO RESPONSE. This, from the company that US/HA ostensibly contracted to be the first line of contact in the event of mileage mall inquiries.

2. Which party submitted the EasyCGI offer (and presumably signed some type of contract with Easy CGI) for posting on the US/HA sites, to help us understand who the responsible party was?

Again, goose egg from the Co-President Mike Jaconi (who I am NOT trying to pick in per say, but he was the contact that Randy Petersen suggested I contact and who seemed to be quite cooperative at first blush, advising an investigation had commenced in early July.) Well, the results of that investigation have not been shared with me (let alone ANY follow up emails) in a month.

3. Which party was responsible for pulling the EasyCGI offer in late June?

Again, by simply identifying WHO pulled the plug would have helped us immensely in determining accountability for the EasyCGI offers. Yet, radio silence from FreeCause.

We contacted FreeCause because of EasyCGI seeming unfounded and unwarranted denial of involment and mileage fulfillment, but at least EasyCGI had a dialogue with us, however unsatisfactory, inconsistent and evasive. FreeCause has strangely taken 'the Fifth' and as such their LACK of response is far more troubling than EasyCGI's POOR response.

4. As the gatekeeper of the US/HA mileage malls, what criteria does FreeCause use to:
* ensure that affilaites have vendors permission to make offers on their behalf
* whether vendors or vendor affiliates, ensure that their mileage offers are manageable and sustainable with some oversight on vetting proposed mileage bonus and T/C offer structure
* and of course vetting the vendor or vendor affiliate to ensure they have the wherewithall to fulfill their offers once approved by FreeCause.

Again, nothing, nada, zippo from FreeCause.

While I was hopeful that Freecause was initially going to be part of the solution, their puzzling, maybe even damning conduct up to this point, might lead one to believe that they are a culpable party.