FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EPIC v. DHS: New FOIA'd Documents Raise New Questions About WBI Radiation
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:52 pm
Wimpie

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by realjd
I don't know the exact frequency of the MMW machines, but MMW is just K-band EM radiation. It's the exact same frequencies that police radar, automatic door openers, and numerous other common devices use. If MMW wave machines unzip your DNA, I'd suggest avoiding places like Wal-Mart. You're DNA will be unzipped by the much larger, poorly calibrated MMW radiation coming off of the automatic doors on the way in and out.
Actually, MMW scanners operate on Ka band (26.5 to 40 GHz). Their actual operating frequency is a sweep between 24.5Ghz and 30Ghz. Their output power level is approx 40 MICROWATTS, nearly immeasurable. Your cell phone transmits at approx 200 MILLIWATTS, about 5,000 times more power.

My opinion is that there is no health risk from the MM scanners (privacy and 4th amendment issues, however).

Even is a health risk can be attributed to cell phones, this is 5000X less power and the exposure is approx 2 seconds.

If you are still concerned, better stay away from wireless hot spots, wireless adapters in computers, automatic door openers, and cops operating radar guns and keep hundreds of feet away from operating microwave ovens (yes - they all leak a small amount of RF)- better stay home and hide under your bed!

Worldwide, the scientific consensus is that the MM wave scanners are SAFE - just keep miles away from the BIG BLUE BOXES