FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EPIC v. DHS: New FOIA'd Documents Raise New Questions About WBI Radiation
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:17 pm
SFOSpiff

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by realjd
I don't know the exact frequency of the MMW machines, but MMW is just K-band EM radiation. It's the exact same frequencies that police radar, automatic door openers, and numerous other common devices use. If MMW wave machines unzip your DNA, I'd suggest avoiding places like Wal-Mart. You're DNA will be unzipped by the much larger, poorly calibrated MMW radiation coming off of the automatic doors on the way in and out.
I know people like to make that sort of comparison, but it's not especially valid. There's three characteristics that are relevant to radiation exposure: frequency (position on the electromagnetic spectrum), intensity, and duration. Just because a certain frequency may be "safe" at low strength for a split second doesn't automatically mean it's safe inside the MMW booth.

Look at it this way: if you operate your microwave oven with the door off, you might get a little sick. If you stand in front of a ground-to-satellite microwave transmitter, you'll get fried.

By the way, I am making no specific claim that MMW is dangerous (aside from my post elsewhere that it made me feel dizzy and nauseated) but I am disputing the notion that because similar frequencies are used at places like Wal-Mart, that doesn't mean MMW is safe.

Last edited by SFOSpiff; Aug 13, 2011 at 1:12 pm