FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:28 am
pete4abw

Programs: AA CO US WN Marriott Hilton Holiday Inn Wyndham Hyatt Avis Budget Hertz National
Originally Posted by slotownmomma
I'm sorry but I'll have to kindly disagree with you based upon personal experience. Chase does bump bonuses and I myself applied for the Chase Sapphire 50K and bump the bonus within hours for another 50K which posted to my account immediately.......all with out the card even in in hot little hands.
snip...
It really depends. If it is a targeted Credit Card solicitation, the offer is not public and if you call you can't receive the offer without an invitation code wed to your name. For example, I called the number for the 50K promotion and said I know there's a 70K promotion and I would like that. The agent looked and looked but 50K was all she could see. She said, and I agree, that without a specific invitation code, the offer cannot be forced.

The Sapphire card is not a loyalty card so the terms may be different as to what can be offered to the consumer. Loyalty cards behave differently. It was like that with the PC card which had an 80K promotion and the world could only see 60K. No one who did not get an invite could get the 80K. I got the invite for that one and wanted to try and extract a link for general use. But try as I might, without the offer code, which had my name already in the system, 60K was all I could see.

Generic cards are easier to game.

Last edited by pete4abw; Aug 13, 2011 at 6:30 am Reason: Update for clarity on PC card offer disassembling effort