FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - German Police Say Body Scanners Are Useless
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:05 pm
exbayern

Originally Posted by chollie
What will be particularly interesting to me is what actions the German authorities take going forward.

Will the German authorities act like TSA, disregard any negative findings and install the machines everywhere?

Or will the German authorities decide that eventually finding the 'right' solution is wiser than immediately doing something ill-thought out and ineffective?
I have a secret fear that the first may happen, mainly as a result of giving in to pressure. Even though I have not experienced it on US bound, US carriers, look how other countries have had to provide 'extra' security as the 'request' of the US. And look how flyover data has to be provided...

But I also know that after a very long period of violence, war, and terror, the vague threat of airline terror will hopefully not be enough to override the Basic Law. Then again.... it happened already once this century, at the 'request' of 'friends'.

I won't claim to be smug about this; there is still a chance that we will have to give in eventually, no matter the results of the findings.