FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introduction of PriorityClubRewards
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:56 am
serkan

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
I think it's a sweet dilemma with PC for most of us that you get little benefits when Plat, but collect points fast enough for free nights. They could also offer an option of "better stay treatment" or "more bonus points" when you stay. E.g. An option for opting for a guaranteed 2-level upgrade, better amenities, use of club lounge when you check-in but you dont get any of the bonus points.

Personal opinion : I choose PC hotels versus others for being able to get more points for money, hence more reward nights rather than sleeping in a bigger better room when anyway my time in the hotel is very limited.

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I would be more inclined to suggest changing the points qualification to only count base points rather than including bonuses and, even more bizarrely, purchased points rather than a new tier.

Better , what percentage of those that have stayed at a hotel during the year are platinum , to avoid counting inactive members