FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:58 am
needtoescape

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
That confirms what I heard.

But wait, there's more!

The minimum deposits for Citigold varies according to what kind of deposits you have and, thus, if the credit card fee is waived. Investment accounts are counted differently than are deposit accounts.

I always feel like I have to be one jump ahead of them, as what was true yesterday may not be true tomorrow. The advice I offered still stands. Go to a Citibank branch and speak to the branch manager. Find out specifically what your combination of investments and deposits count, and which cards with which privledges have waived fees. Discuss this in light of your own FICO and credit history with Citibank.

I have been through the Citigold process, but do not feel qualified to advise others on much more than "talk to a knowledgable Citibank executive".
I couldn't agree more about needing to be one step ahead of them, but this is extremely challenging given the frequent changes in the posted/available Citigold information, the ambiguity of some of it, and the difficutly of finding a knowledgeable Citi employee to provide correct information. I had a recent experience with trying to validate my understanding of minimum combined balances/tiers with different account types where both a supervisor answering Citigold secure messages and the Citigold relationship manager at my local branch provided incorrect information until I explained (twice) my understanding based on information from the T&Cs provided to me when I opened my CG account last year and requested that they provide me updated T&Cs if something had changed.