FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: "Amend TalkBoard Guidelines: Requirements for Motions to Pass"
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:59 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Indeed. One thing I have lamented is seeing fewer motions out of the TB because folks want a consensus before an motion is made.
Yes, that was my attitude up to now. I realize that I was wrong to look for consensus on issues that for whatever reason cannot be fully aired beforehand. I should have listened to you on this years ago.

Interestingly, the public announcement change prompted my conversion. I did not want to waste the screen space of every FT'er for a minor issue like this. Once the OMNI counting vote was announced, I could piggyback this one with no further loss of screen space to anyone. I estimated that there were 6 votes, but as it turned out one of those 6 voted no and two of the expected no's voted yes after thinking it over. This has really opened my eyes, koko.

Back on topic, I am gratified that one of the No voters felt the proposal went too far and the other felt it did not go far enough. I think we achieved the ideal of consensus in the end.