FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:51 pm
QueenOfCoach

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I have Ciitgold and currently have two AA cards - the Signature Visa and Platinum Select World MasterCard. I recently asked a Citigold phone rep about the annual fees, and she indicated that the Visa is not one of the cards that can have a fee waiver through CG.
That confirms what I heard.

But wait, there's more!

The minimum deposits for Citigold varies according to what kind of deposits you have and, thus, if the credit card fee is waived. Investment accounts are counted differently than are deposit accounts.

I always feel like I have to be one jump ahead of them, as what was true yesterday may not be true tomorrow. The advice I offered still stands. Go to a Citibank branch and speak to the branch manager. Find out specifically what your combination of investments and deposits count, and which cards with which privledges have waived fees. Discuss this in light of your own FICO and credit history with Citibank.

I have been through the Citigold process, but do not feel qualified to advise others on much more than "talk to a knowledgable Citibank executive".