FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:13 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw
Can you log into Ultimate Rewards and go to "About Your Card" in the "Manage Ultimate Rewards" section (left hand side of the page)? Does the June 2011 version of the brochure load which references 2x points on dining and travel expenses?

I have thought that it is odd that none of the marketing materials readily available online (I'm not including the PDF version of the brochure that people have been able to download) have referenced this change even though it's been a few weeks.
It pulls up the new PDF file now. A week ago it was still the old file that did not have the 2x restaurant earning info but now it changed to the new one that was mentioned in Post No.6. So the new benefits are finally available for online viewing after you logged in.

I knew just 2 or 3 days ago it was still the old brochure if you just look up Sapphire Preferred and check the benefits from Chase website without logging in your account.

Here is an idea:

If you would eat at casual dining restaurants such as TGI Friday, Olive Garden, Macaroni Grills, etc. you could earn 8 pts per $ instead of just 2 pts per $.

The online shopping mall has bonus points on many merchants, such as 8 pts per dollar for Land's End, 7 pts per dollar for Sears, etc.

You can buy gift cards from Land's End and then use it to buy restaurant gift cards at K-Mart because the gift cards from any company under Sears Holdings is good at any store. There are restaurant gift cards (as well as gas company gift card) available at K-Mart. Going through the gift card route you increase the earning by 4x on the dining and 8x on the gas if you want to add points to UR.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 7, 2011 at 8:59 pm Reason: Add info on bonus pts from UR shopping mall