FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Centurion Card & International Auto Rental insurance
Old Aug 7, 2011, 2:07 pm
masonp123

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Here is the opening paragraph (emphasis is mine) from the detailed description of coverage that I obtained from the AMEX website (see link in Post #2 I believe). This is for one of the personal cards - they all seem the same. It appears no international coverage for Small Business cards. Note they distinguish between paid rentals and MR certificates which are not covered outside the US.

If AMEX is stating international coverage no longer applies, they ought to update their website, pronto:

DESCRIPTION OF COVERAGE
Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance provides the Cardmember, if the Cardmember is the primary renter, (as defined below) with insurance coverage for damage to or theft of most Rental Autos when the Cardmember uses the
Card (as described below) to reserve and pay for an auto rental from any Commercial Car Rental Company (“Rental Company”) other than those located in Australia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, and New Zealand. (In regards to Membership Rewards redemption certificates, coverage is provided only to Rental Autos rented in the United States.) This coverage is always excess insurance.