FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]
Old Aug 7, 2011, 2:06 pm
lexdevil

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Ok, I'm a bit confused. Is the Chambers Club a separate lounge, ala Club 90 at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge, which requires a separate co-pay (unless they give it to your gratis), or is it the regular executive lounge?
The Chambers Club is the only concierge lounge so far as I can tell. I am surprised that they exclude golds from it. I wonder if this is an error?

At the same time, the Booking Office Bar deal for golds seems to be better than club access in some ways. Though it is more restrictive than club access, it sounds like the food is better, at least in the evening. I found the pre-dinner canapes in the Chambers Club to be uninspired. Bland chicken on a skewer. Warm savory puff pastry with next to no filling. Two kinds of cheese. Mini tarts and some sort of mousse-like cake option.

The cocktail options in the lounge are a bit frustrating as well. No problem with the liquor or the mixers, but I would have really appreciated a wedge of lemon or lime. Annoying to have to make a gin and tonic without one. And my homemade Bloody Mary was nothing more than bottled tomato juice and vodka, because there's nothing to be found that might add any life to it. What I would have given for the aforementioned lemon, some hot sauce, or horseradish. I can't imagine why they stock bottles of tomato juice without also stocking the other bits needed for a palatable Bloody Mary.