FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:27 pm
wombat7

Programs: air canada
West india quay

Thanks for the rsponse nottingham nick - the Light snacks mean that you can order one item from the bar snacks menu at no charge - to eat with your complimentary one glass of wine - i picked a white wine to go wit my salmon fish cakes. A quite acceptable Sauvignon Blanc - superior to the white wine severed in the County Hall lounge ( for the comparison).

My Barlow King room is not as nice as those in CHM, in my opinion. The plus is that the wifi does work in the room and it is not as far a walk at those rooms that are in the 20s or lower at CHM.

Negatives
The window is very small - I am on the side that faces the British Library - perhaps the oth side has bigger windows

The bathroom is small, and the door is hung to close - so if you want to have the door open wihile you are using the wash basin, you need to wedge the door open with a towel.

The work area is a round table - which seems a bit strange - have not used it yet so will report back

Found the water pressure to be a little low - again my benchmark is CHM which might be unfair becuase the pressure there is amazing

Positives
Just tasted one of my fish cakes - more like a fish balls really - very good. Crispy and hot - far better than the usual food offerings in Marriot lounges - makes sense becuase it was made to order ( actually should say that the food in the Hong Kong lounge is amazing).

Sitting at the bar in the Booking Office while writing this - quite wonderful setting.

Had a quick walk around some of the public spaces this afternoon before venturing out into teh "chance of rain" - incredible staircase but there was a hotel employee "guarding" it - strange

more to come
Tomorrow will report on breakfast and the bed