FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK T4 - Assaulted by TSO for filming, forced to delete
Old Aug 6, 2011, 9:51 pm
Michael El

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by Pesky Monkey
In the future, get a few buddies to film you filming. You did nothing illegal. Swap out memory cards if you can. I see no reason why they even asked for your ID as you did nothing illegal and they were not investigating a crime. Good job getting their names and badge numbers. I think we can now see why the SARs (suspicious activity reports) and the no fly list are so friggin useless. I'd check out some other recovery tools, you might get the videos back, but it's never sure thing.
Exactly what I was thinking. I understand not wanting to get arrested, but someone needs to challenge the threat and see if they actually have the stones to arrest someone for doing nothing.

Originally Posted by TheGolfWidow
That was a primer on how one BadGuy could (easily) distract and occupy twelve screeners and police officers at a checkpoint while the other BadGuy waltzes through unnoticed.
Um, he was not a "BadGuy" GW. Just the freaking [TSA] exercising their authority on their subjects.

Last edited by essxjay; Apr 25, 2012 at 8:08 pm Reason: offensive image