FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - creative use of BA miles for Alaskan trip
Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:19 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
But what is a "natural connection point"? Unless you want to say Alaska Air has a hub in Anchorage, flying a straight line from Nome to Seattle would seem a "natural" routing -- unless, of course, there is a limit on stopovers if an "easier" routing is available!

I have little doubt that this is an extremely unusual use of BA miles - but a potentially good one!

BTW, one fly in the ointment might be getting to SEA from elsewhere in the lower 48 on Alaska Air. Their inventory looks very stingy for summer travel on their longer haul flights. It looks quite good for Alaska and West Coast segments.
The only way to find out is to call BAEC. There is no point to discuss here because none of us really knows - neither you say or I say or anybody says, is relevant - unless someone actually booked such itinerary successfully posts his experiences, there is no way to know would such itinerary be allowed. Good luck for waiting for posts.

On the other hand I have read posts about being shot down on certain AA domestic routing and the reason cited is the passengers can do the stopovers at the hubs, but not at random points, even though it is roughly the same direction traveling, especially if the A and C has direct flights and the passenger wants to insert a B in between ... No, it is not allowed.

After the feeding frenzy of current 50% redemption cost sale post August 12, call BAEC to find out and please report back here on what BAEC tells you. Better, if it allows you to actually ticket it.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 6, 2011 at 7:36 pm