FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BD: Best airline to book RTW....
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2003, 2:13 pm
Football Fan

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zrs70:
This raises other issues....

According to *A, you can call any carrier to issue the RTW. But according to mnay carriers, your first intercontinental flight must be on the issuing carrier.

When it comes to reissues, again *A says that anyone will do it. But in my experience, airlines want to pass the buck. (In one case, LH wanted me to go to SQ, as they were the next intercontinental segment. I wanted to keep my reservation on Appollo.)

What are the responsibilities for *A carriers? Can I have UA issue a RTW if none of the segments are on UA?
</font>
I believe that what you described is probably less an issue of overall airline policy (well, maybe it is, of the lack of existence thereof), but mainly an issue of the agent you talked to being too lazy to go through the hassle of changing a RTW ticket or not wanting to do it because they don't have enough experience with it to really know the rules.