FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BD: Best airline to book RTW....
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2003, 1:30 pm
gnaget

Programs: UA *G MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zrs70:
I am surprised they shared my name with you. I hope I did not put BD on the spot. Didn't realize they hadn't done them before.</font>
I said an "acquaintance of mine". I don't think you put them on the spot. They have no idea that they made the mistake. I think they should have prepared the ticket and asked you to purchase from them in the country of origin. If it's Sweden, for example, then it is complicated by the fact that SAS does the ticketing for BD.

Speaking of which.....

I booked my RTW with SAS ex Sweden at Swedish prices. I have a PNR, priced in SEK, tax calculated, booked on first two segments, so all they have to do is run my CC when I get to ARN. That's probably just as good as having it ticketed in the US. I called OS first since they are operating my first two segments, but they were not willing to do anything. On my first attempt I was on hold for 15 min before hanging up and I had selected "Grand Class customer" from the menu!

How is the revenue on a RTW split? Does the issuing carrier get a commission of sorts? SAS seemed motivated to help me out whereas OS did not.