FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2011, 12:29 pm
jyzhu

Programs: SPG Platinum; Marriott Silver; United PremExec; DL&Skybonus; Amtrak Select+
stayed here in august 2011 on points - was upgraded many days before to a superior room from the basic room

flew into SFO from LAS at 8AM, came straigt from the airport. associate recognized me immediately as a platinum member, but there was only a double-queen room available. the associate offered me a deluxe room with garden view after it became available. i accepted, went out for coffee, and came back at 10AM and it was still not yet available. the associate offered me a deluxe room with a city view and i accepted since i had a few meetings i wanted to shower for in the afternoon.

room is great - the console at the nightstand that controls the lightings/temperature/shades is fantastic. the city view leaves much to be desired. i didn't make use of it, but there is still bentley service available after 6pm (drop-off only) within 2 miles. the gym is undergoing some renovation, so there were fewer machines available but the gym at the palace was available to st. regis guests.

requested a 5pm late check-out, and it was accepted. everything else about the stay has been great, though the carpets in the hallway showed significant wear and tear, there were no chocolates left after turn-down service, and only one bottle of small evian was provided.

i stayed at the W San Francisco down the street, and i much prefer the St. Regis, though the redemption rates are significantly different.