FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Hilton have an official policy for walking a Diamond?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:47 pm
Points Scrounger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by MileKing
So if you are walked on an award stay, one should receive a refund of their points used for the award, free night at whatever hotel you are walked to, plus $100-200?
I was a bit confused also but "You receive points in your account for what you would've earned had you stayed and paid for the night" does not mean that for an award stay - would you expect to be refunded your room rate had you paid cash? It means that on a paid stay the overbooked property is responsible for putting through your stay (with a dummy room) as though you had stayed there: 1 stay, 1 night and applicable points. For an award stay that's walked, I'd expect the first two (plus, I suppose, any My Way points that might go along for the ride).

"The hotel must also provide the Diamond VIP member with Points & Miles credit for any nights the member was relocated. The hotel must pay the normal cost of the points and miles" appears to be a duplication of (e) above, rather than a directive to deposit the number of points an award room would have cost as a further "penalty", IMHO.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Aug 3, 2011 at 5:52 pm