FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 16 year old travellers: do they need parent's written permission?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:04 am
Yahillwe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by pacer142
I personally find it distasteful and a symptom of the breakdown of trust between adults and children in society, which I believe to be causing immense damage given that it is a small number of adults causing an actual problem. But each to their own.

Neil
I do agree with you, but I would be very angry if it happened to any kid... Some days i have nightmares of something happening to my daughter and she is an adult. Society has changed, or we hear more about incidences of abductions, rape etc etc. Just like the recent incidence in the Hasidic community in NY. There is a saying that goes, " I'd rather be called 9 times a coward than once, god bless her soul."

Recently while at the beach and seeing young girls in mono-kinis, my 21 year old daughter commented that she wouldn't allow her own daughter to go out like that, because one never knows if there is a pedophile, this came out from a very liberal open minded young lady.