FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andrea Abbott Arrest Video Released
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:35 pm
greentips

Programs: SSSSS
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Copspeak. Belligerent (or even belligerant) isn't accurate either, contentious maybe. And I am damn sure he did not "advise" her to put the phone away.SAT ? Really ?
From scribed.com so I assume it's unabridged.
Dallas we've all been to, this meeting has never been held in San Antonio, but there is another group that holds a very well respected conference there in December each year. Nashville was sort of ideal because it was easy to get to, and midway between most of the conferees. It's out, so we fall back to secondary places and more of the committee is from TX than from other places.

Originally Posted by T-the-B
May I suggest that you copy the Tennessean newspaper on your correspondence? It would help if the Nashville merchants, who depend very much on the tourist and convention trade, were to realize just how much TSA and the BNA airport police can cost them.
I'll put it on the table. This group is not a very high profile political group, although the video posted changed that yesterday.

Originally Posted by Mientree
That would only be a misdemeanor charge - read two paragraphs down for the felony charge.
Part d is interesting indeed. It appears, based on the video, that SgtScott31's protege could also be civilly liable under this statute.

As TSORon noted, audio would be extremely helpful, but since Officer Nelson elected to further violate the parties by apparently commanding her to not record, there is no audio record. Absent an audio record, and the prima facie presumption of innocence, I suspect it will come down to she said, he said, plus the video which speaks for itself and Officer Nelson's report which also speaks for itself, recording the fact that Mrs. Abbott did not want her daughter physically assaulted (in less eloquent but more accurate terms, of course), when the video reflects precisely that fear coming to fruition.

This may be the first time in the history of the TSA that the airport recorders worked as they should.