FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA schedule changes - free flight change / cancelation / refund
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:46 pm
tiburontucson

Programs: AA, UA
Can I get refund if AA schedule changed?

Apologies, this post is not entirely Aadvantage related, but here goes:
Booked international AA award ticket TUS-LAX-NAN-HIR-and return HIR-NAN-LAX MINUS the LAX to TUS leg, because this last leg was unavailable. So I purchased this ticket on my own, separate ticket (that was my mistake, I know). When I booked, NAN to LAX was scheduled to arrive in LAX at 12:05 pm so I booked LAX to TUS departing 2:30 pm, giving enough time to clear customs and recheck bags. Just checked schedules today and see that not only is LAX to TUS flight scheduled to depart 30 mins earlier, NAN to LAX is arriving 1 hour later!

So, new schedule: arrive LAX 1:05 pm, depart LAX 1:55.

Impossible to make my connection now. They have a 8:30 pm departure but that's a 7 hr wait. Carriage terms state they are not responsible for schedule changes but WILL THEY refund my LAX to TUS ticket?

Found this schedule change rule 240/80, but doesn't look like this will help me nor does it apply.................

Thanks for any suggestions

"Schedule Change unacceptable to customer

A. If schedule change is from a nonstop to a connection or through flight; a refund to form of payment (FOP) is allowed by American Airlines.
B. If schedule change is from a through flight to a connecting flight, NO refund.
* EXCEPTION: see C and D and E below.

C. If schedule change or flight delay of 60 minutes or less NOT eligible for a refund.
D. If schedule change is 61-120 minutes, refund to voucher only is allowed by American Airlines.
E. If schedule change is greater than 120 minutes, refund of the remaining ticket to the original form of payment (FOP). All remaining coupons must be refunded by American Airlines. "