FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 16 year old travellers: do they need parent's written permission?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:30 am
Yahillwe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by stifle
. I was in a public park yesterday which had a fenced off children's play area and there were signs (which were serious) saying "strictly no adults unless accompanied by a child".
I do agree with this, too many weirdoes in parks.. Better safe than sorry.

When my kids were young travelers, I always gave them a pouch in it I would include some nessecary stuff including a notarized paper saying they had my/our permission to travel alone, included were telephone numbers etc etc.

When I got a divorce, kids carried the notarized papers and if I were flying with them I had a notarized permission from their dad. And I always carried my custody papers with my all the time. In case I get stopped for "child abduction" etc etc, I and they have all the papers.

Someone mentioned a divorce case and the child going to a performance, I highly do advise getting the paper, even if lawyers are involved (mine where always involved, didn't want the headache), just in case, really. One parent at a moments anger might say something.