FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 15 hour layover in Dubai, what to do?
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:44 pm
lsed

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by Vaze
I called to find out about he hotel and was told that my flights were not considered a stop over but "in transit" so I didn't qualify for the hotel nor could I get a visa on arrival in order to leave the airport (even though I'm travelling on an American passport)

Seemed like a big hassle so just ended up booking a room at the Dubai International hotel which seemed the simplest thing to do.
What is the criterion that causes it to be 'in transit' vis a vis stopover.

According to the website:
"As a special courtesy to our passengers, in certain cases where an itinerary calls for a long stopover in Dubai, Emirates will cover accommodation, meals and ground transportation costs.

This service is offered to passengers holding tickets in specific ticket categories:
Economy Class passengers
  • If the booking class for the entire outbound or inbound leg of their journey is U, B, N, M, E, W, R or Y.
  • And if upon arrival in Dubai, the connection time until the first available flight is more than 8 hours and less than 24 hours.
"

OP seems to have satisfied both criteria?