FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:53 am
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I recently received a package in the mail upon my early qualification for Platinum, along with certs expiring Feb 29, 2012. I'm assuming a second set of certificates will be arriving next March to expire in Feb 2013. It's next year that I really wanted it for anyway for a series of stays I have planned--I didn't really need it for the rest of this year, but it was a nice bonus to get it.

The upgrade didn't seem to automatically happen, as after my 5th stay (also the PLAT5 promo), my account on the website was still quoting a figure of so many more nights required to obtain the next status level. Thinking the PLAT5 might have been missed, I just e-mailed Fairmont asking why, and they replied back saying they had upgraded the account to Platinum. I didn't ask for the immediate upgrade, but it didn't happen automatically either. I wonder if the early recognition triggers automatically when you stay the full # of nights, but on the PLAT5 promo, the system might need to be prompted?

My suggestion is, if you don't see the upgrade after you see the final stays posted to your account, send a similar e-mail to '[email protected]' and see what happens.
Early qualification is no longer advertised.. but the experience recently after ths recent March 1st, 2011 for early qualification, is that members have been receiving kits.. This was the way it operated prior for years before it was advertised last year..

So although unadvertised, early qualification seems to be alive and well..

Because you qualified this year.. you wll be receiving a Platinum kit around March 1st, 2012 with certificates expirng February 28th, 2013