FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air India and the Star Alliance (Part II)
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:47 am
Yaatri
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You would be surprised... The Germans are very subtle... LH has all the slots and landing rights it needs into India right now... the last time that was a problem LH pushed the right buttons and got it corrected asap. the current bilateral limits the capacity per flight to a 747 which is a vague enough term. AI and other carriers operate a far higher density 744 than LH. The capacity they gaining by giving up HYD should suffice for a few additional flights into a suitable city. The A380 capacity is already planned for the next year and only becomes relevant when the next batch of birds is due for delivery. By then they have additional 744s they could deploy in a 2 class config to India.

DL/AF/KL has a lot to catch up to. This may be their break. Go for it ^ With the restrictive lounge policy for elites in ST they have nothing to fear
None of this has anything to do with what I said, in response to your words.
Now what was that sweet deal you were talking about that AF is supposed to have cooked up for AI? And do you think that if the French Govt came to bat for AF, it wouldn't subtly remind India of the defense equipment and technology it needs?

Please do surprise us with your super secret knowledge regarding how Germany was able to get all the slots LH it needs but still wants more!

How about this simple explanation? LH has been flirting with AI, lifting her skirt a little at a time promising to go all the way with * Alliance. This is how it got all the slots it needs.
If LH has all the slots it needs, why does it need more?
I am not interested in a discussion about India Germany bilaterals, their limits and how Germany/LH plan to go around them. Once it's clear to GoI that LH is sneakily making a fool of them, there could be retaliation against LH. What I want to know is what was that deal you were talking about that AF has cooked up for AI to entice it to Skyteam?