FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air India and the Star Alliance (Part II)
Old Jul 29, 2011, 4:45 am
kiwiandrew

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Originally Posted by Yaatri
I agree with you 100%. That's the key point here. They should vote on whether AI met their requirements within the time frame agreed to in May. Everything else is looking for an excuse to put pressure on AI and GoI to extract some concessions.
I agree with you, but I doubt very much whether the reasons behind the vote will ever be made public ( in fact I don't think it will even be disclosed which airline(s) vote no, and it only needs to be one) . Bearing in mind that AI failed to get to the required standards in the 40 months from Dec 2007 to May 2011 I am not convinced that they would actually get themselves up to speed and meet the standards in the brief time since then.

What is clear, is that if the reports that 10 *A airlines (over 1/3 of the total current members) are not willing to vote in AI's favour are true then it seems to be much more than just a push from LH as some have suggested, as the LH controlled airlines (LH/LX/OS/BD/SN) would only muster 5 votes between them. In the 14 years since *A was formed this is an unprecedented situation, I find it hard to believe that A* are singling out AI without valid reason at the risk of losing a significant place in a vital market .

Last edited by kiwiandrew; Jul 29, 2011 at 5:03 am