FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Continental Travel Voucher Tomfoolery
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:32 pm
jadenus

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by channa
1. Dispute the entire cost of the ticket with your credit card (there's a time limit on this, so get the process started if it's not too late).

2. PM UA Insider

3. Give #2 a chance; if nothing then DOT complaint. You may have no legal grounds because it's weight and balance on a small plane. Your only beef is that they offered it and didn't deliver it.
As mduell noted, it was an award ticket, so the only amount charged was $5. Besides, he got the flights, he just didn't get the promised compensation for the bump.

Originally Posted by mduell
Under 60 seats + bumped for safety (W&B) = no compensation required for DB

If this version of events is accurate it sounds like the GA was trying to solicit DBs with a carrot. Maybe they realized/remembered later they didn't need the carrot. Maybe they're just incompetent (Hanlon's Razor). But I doubt you'll get much pursuing it. File your DOT complaint and forget about it.
I didn't know that compensation wasn't required for W&B. Thanks for that info. As an aside, I was flying EWR-SYR on Monday and, due to weather, got pushed to Tuesday. This was on a turboprop. They needed one volunteer for W&B and offered a $500 voucher. If I weren't already a day late, I'd have volunteered. I still think CO should honor their offer, though. And I absolutely don't think they should alter a passenger's PNR.

At this point I guess I'll PM UA Insider and take it from there. Thanks, you guys.