FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to fly on PenAir?
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:37 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I didn't say it too clearly, but Alaska Airlines also has the same restriction on redeeming PenAir award tickets to/from Dutch Harbor. They are referencing the non-stop flights from Anchorage, that must be bought through Alaska Airlines, and would count towards an Alaska Airlines award.

What I'm wondering is if you could redeem to Dutch Harbor via the actual PenAir flights that go through other villages. Though in your case I don't think it matters, as I believe you would need to make a stopover somewhere to get to/from Akutan as the non-Alaska flights don't connect.

The plan you listed sounds great though!
I understood what you meant (and thank you!) and from my checking earlier I didn't see any way to do it.

But now I am starting to wonder. I did find a connection ANC-SDP-DUT-KQA. But my ticket only has four coupons so I don't think I could get all the way to KQA. But I wonder if PenAir would allow me to fly ANC-SDP-DUT and return DUT-CDB-ANC on pure PenAir operated, PenAir coded flights. It might be more interesting to go to DUT. I would need to do some more research on it and contact PenAir to be sure it is possible.

I think I would rather go to DUT than to the Iditarod again (been to it twice, including several days in March 2011 with a flight to the Rainy Pass checkpoint). Great experience but I prefer to experience new places in AK when I can.

Thanks for all your help, both of you.