FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA molests a 13-year-old girl traveling alone
Old Jul 28, 2011, 2:25 pm
sbagdon

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by janetdoe
This brings up an interesting point. If my child is traveling as an unaccompanied minor, can the airline employee give permission for them to be groped? I wonder what is the official policy?

Personally, if I turn a child (or a teenager) over to the the care of a corporation, and they allow/encourage/do not call the police when someone tries to grab her genitals, there is going to be a Category 5 s...storm.

Unaccompanied minor fee... $200. Forcing the airlines to take responsibility for their complicity with TSA abuses... priceless.
I'd suspect that the airline will have fine print that says that the person signing over the child agrees that the child will conform to any and all security procedures prescribed by the security authority. That would indemnify the airline, and it's the minor's word against the security authority.

Have all the Cat 5's you want, yet the only power we appear to possess right now is to fly, or not fly. Once the child is in the sterile area, and released to the airline, the guardian would appear no longer able to just walk away (the only control the pax has over the security process). Do remember ir-ops, terminal dumps, connecting city's gate pat-downs, etc.