FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pilot walks off plane for wrong meal
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:32 am
GoingAway
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I'm struggling with who is showing the least maturity ... Posters on this thread or the pilot. The pilot will likely lose big time in the comparison as he has a contract he was trying to stick to, and to get his company to follow, we may not get it, like it or even understand it but there was a basis for his actions. Compare that to much of the posting here which is whiny and finger pointing without much basis other than serve the customer even if you screw yourself in the process.

I would say the fact that the suits were included in the delivery showed this to be an issue that needed to get mgmt involved, and likely the next plane to be catered will not encounter similar issues (I would hope). There was a wrong, don't lose sight of it even if you don't think a missed meal is a big deal personally. Then again, we don't know when he started his day, how long or short his next turn is, whether he has snacks in his bag, etc etc etc ... Iow, we don't know it all other than yes, passengers were inconvenienced due to a catering foul up.