FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:24 am
Infinion

Originally Posted by TravelMutt
Wow. You got the card in about a week?

If I could get a card in about a week, I could do this now. Chase seems to be dragging their feet on the Sapphire Preferred. I just called them and they haven't made a decision yet. I applied last week. I'd think a high 700's and a good credit history with Chase on free cards should get me the card.

Either way, getting these two for myself and my wife is $11K in 6 months. The Chase is $3K in 3 months. $14K in 6 months is just around what I normally spend, so it could be down to the wire. I might take the chance, and if I am close to getting stuck at the end I will buy some gift cards. Plus, I have Christmas over the next 6 months, so that should help.

I don't want to pass up 150K points for both of us.
Post two says you'll get your card in about a week. Unless you live somewhere where the mail is delayed, you'll get it in about a week. There's very little downside to just getting them all now. The upside is a whole lot of points. If you're very close to the spend requirements, you could just buy some gift cards in the last month to put you over the top on each card in question. You're only shifting your spend then, so its not that big of a deal really.

Actually, you can get 225k for both of you if you apply for the business card by following post two. The business card is only $1500 spend, so just buy some gifts cards, or pay some recurring bills in advance or buy some chirstmas gifts or something. It's probably worth it to get in on the business card for the both of you. 550k on AA will last a while unless you're planning around the world trips.

Last edited by Infinion; Jul 28, 2011 at 10:27 am Reason: Added bus card