FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are Delta's Weber 5751 slimline's terrible seats? (Standard Y seat with AVOD)
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:22 am
kylesuo

Programs: Delta, UA
Are Delta's Weber 5751 slimline's terrible seats? (Standard Y seat with AVOD)

DL is aggressivly retrofitting aircraft (a good thing) with the Weber 5751 slimline seat as their standard Y seat, now found in the domestic 767's, 777's, 737's, and some 757's. I have found this seat to be extremely uncomfortable, with a very hard bottom. The ergonomics of the seat are akin to sitting on a brick, with a hard bottom and no shaping. People probably think I'm weird for it, but I always ask people sitting near me what they think of the seats, and the response is always the same, that they are terrible.

The B/E Aerospace seats in Delta's A330 are awesome, as well as the seats in the MD-90's. The older seats in the 300ER's and the 744's aren't bad either.

Why does Delta insist on replacing good, comfortable seats with the Weber 5751? I understand the fact that works well with the Panasonic eFX AVOD they are installing, but that can be used with the MUCH better B/E Aerospace seats.

What do others think?

Last edited by kylesuo; Jul 28, 2011 at 12:48 am