FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Raja Fashions 'visiting tailors' (HK) - any good?
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:11 am
Teefaf

Programs: BA Blue
Thought I'd add my experiences to this thread having found it through Google while checking out Raja Fashions ahead of my first-ever visit to them today. I found the discussion above quite helpful so hope this will similarly help others.

They visit Glasgow, and presumably other regional UK cities, 4 times a year, and had set up shop in a nice suite at the Hilton. We were seen by Vishal, who was very laid back and not at all pushy as others had warned on other websites. He asked what I was looking for and gave advice on what sorts of suits would suit me best, cut, vents etc. We were given a few fabric books to choose from at different price points. We were unimpressed by the fabrics that came in at £400, but did like one at £750. Given I was only buying something to wear to weddings etc I decided this was too much to spend. We tried to negotiate him down but he wouldn't budge, only offering one free tailored shirt. I decided it was a bit rich for me - not necessarily poor value, just more than I was looking to spend. So we left empty handed in the end, which was a bit of a shame. Had I liked any of the lower-end fabrics I would probably have gone ahead with it.

Also, if you do go down this line don't expect the suit to fit perfectly first time - it will takes a couple of adjustments over a period of a few months, given the way they work.