FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:26 am
PETERPNYC

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Francis85
I received both the Visa and Amex yesterday. Activated today and confirmed the 1500 and 4000 requirements and mileage bonuses.

I never heard a peep from Amex after I applied, so I was a little nervous, but Visa did send me an email and then a letter saying I was approved prior to receiving the cards. I used Safari to apply, Visa first then Amex, and cleared cookies in between.

The 1500 won't be a problem to hit, but the 4000 is pushing it a little for me without the mint being an option any longer. I figure I'll just use Square for the 4000 and eat the 2.75% fee and think of it as paying $110 for 75,000 miles (roundtrip to Europe basically) (worth it)--unless some other free-spending miracle options pops up
Square won't replace the mint for just churning up extra miles (the fee means its too costly for regular mileage earning), but as far as these sorts of situations (spending req's for bonus miles), it's probably worthwhile--especially for 75K.
Definitely OT but what is square and how do you clear cookies on Safari?